Welcome to all members

JOIN this blog to post

If you would like to post in this section you will need to join this blog - email us via the Contact Form below.

Post your pictures of any visits away from Cromwell Bottom L.N.R.

Please remember to name all place names and species on your post if you are able to, (subject to species protection restrictions)

Friday, 7 August 2015

My recent Blacktoft Visit!

I recently visited Blacktoft Sands too - But didn't have the Great White Egret on my visit (Good timing Roy) But plenty of other stuff was seen & Photographed.
Greenshank (if anyone will believe me this time) were around & the Monty's were food passing to the kids. There weren't many Marshie's around - Just a few of Juveniles & a couple of adult late breeders.
Marshland didn't perform in the morning whilst the sun is at it's best position for pictures, but Snipe, Dunlin, 24+ Little egrets, Water Rail & a few Bearded tits were seen around the pool, the waders were at the back + in & out every time a Young Marshie flew over.

Had a few visits in front of the Marshland Hide in the morning:
 Teal - Most ducks were Eclipsing!
 Juvenile Little Egret!
Lapwing!
 
Due to not many snaps going down I moved off to the other End - into Singleton hide - with the Masses!
Sorry the Montague's Harriers (Monty's) were way off & I don't bother snapping when I know they are going to be duff shots!
But Marsh Harriers were a bit closer & worth attempting a few shots!
 



Not the best but all that was available at the time!
 
Then on the way back up to Marshland this was spotted hiding in the scrub!
I think it's a Southern Hawker anyway I did some Macro shots with my 500mm F4 lens Ha Ha, not too bad I think!
Back to Marshland where the Waders were now feeding in front of the Hide, light was tricky now, but you just got to go for it sometimes!



All above are Ruff - Various plumage & Sexes!
 
Black wits were around in big numbers & a few still had bits of Summer plumage!


Black Tailed Godwits!
 
Plenty of Redshank's too.
 Common Redshank!
Spotted Redshank!
 
Overall not too bad a day!
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Barry i`ll try again.Not a bad day at all looking at your shots.Like the macro shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos again Barry. Likes the waders and the dragonfly images especially.

    ReplyDelete